- This event has passed.
Seattle: Fight Starbucks’ Union Busting! Rally & March with Starbucks Workers United
April 23 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Socialist Seattle Councilmember Kshama Sawant is hosing a rally and march with Starbucks Workers United at Cal Anderson Park on Saturday, April 23rd at 1PM. Marchers will be making the following demands of Starbucks:
- Reinstate the Memphis 7, Cassie Fleischer, Daniel Rojas, and all others who have been fired for unionizing!
- Immediately stop all union-busting tactics, such as firing union organizers and supporters or forcing them to quit by cutting their hours!
- Adhere to a just-cause discipline and firing process to increase transparency and consistency of managerial power!
- Establish a starting wage of $20/hour and give a 20 percent raise for all workers!
- Sign the Fair Election Principles and agree to card check neutrality!
- Mandate plus-one staffing, compensation for short-staffed shifts, and full-time hours for all workers who want them!
- Allow debit card tips, remove tip limits in the Starbucks app, and make all tip payout practices transparent. Minimum tip guarantee of $5.50 per hour!
- Establish annual seniority and cost-of-living pay increases!
- Provide free and improved healthcare for all workers!
Please consider showing up and showing solidarity! There may be some SnoCo DSA members in attendance as well!