We are calling an emergency meeting for membership on March 5th at 3:00PM to vote on the future of our chapter. We have been experiencing an extended period of low energy as a chapter. Our efforts to reenergize the chapter at large have thus far not been successful. As such, we’ll be holding this vote in advance of our Local Convention on March 19th so that we can democratically decide the best path forward for us. The possible paths forward that have been identified will be listed below, in alphabetical order. At this time, we will move forward with the call for nominations for the upcoming Local Convention so that we are prepared in the event that the chapter votes for its continuation.
At the meeting on March 5th, we will begin by having a period of discussion so that people can ask questions, share information, and advocate for the path they feel is best. We ask that this discussion be kept comradely and that disagreement with others be handled respectfully. We will then vote on the three options (unless other options are proposed and added to the ballot by motion during the meeting). The option with the least votes will be removed from the ballot until only two options remain. The final vote between the top two options will determine the path forward for our chapter.
We strongly encourage you to attend and participate in this democratic process. We want all member voices to be heard. If you’re unable to attend for accessibility reasons, please reach out to the Steering Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The options proposed are as follows, in alphabetical order:
Become a Branch of Seattle DSA
Continue as a Chapter
Dissolve SnoCo DSA
More information on each option will be shared at the meeting on March 5th, but questions asked in our Discord or through email@example.com will be answered to the best of our ability. We hope to see you all at the meeting.